Saturday, October 30, 2010

Au revoir... ou adieu?

This is the post I wrote after coming home from the last official day of the program, August 5th, right after saying goodbye, and having ice cream for the last time.

I can't describe this feeling of saying goodbye. Of not having it sink in until you are in the taxi, waving goodbye to all of your friends, feeling forlorn and small, watching them start to cry, hugging each other, waving at you, starting to cry yourself, trying to suck it up so you can tell the cab driver where to go when in reality, you don't want to go anywhere. And I'm not even on the plane yet. I still have tomorrow, to go to Chicoutimi with one of the girls of my group of five friends, and with two other good friends. But it isn't the same. I still feel like tomorrow, I will wake up early and rush around to make sure I get to class on time. I feel like I will see all of the monitors at the college with their various idiosyncrasies tomorrow, and I feel as though this weekend, I will still have the chance to talk to them on a long bus ride to some activity, to get to know them better. Even now as I write this, it hasn't sunk in that the program has ended. C'est terminé. Je ne sais pas quoi faire, ou quoi penser.... c'est comme je suis perdue. Je veux rester ici, mais je sais si je faisais ça, il serait encore plus difficile de partir. Je veux dire au revoir encore et encore et encore, parce que si je continue de faire ça, je peux rester ici pour le dire. Tout le monde me manquera. Ils sont vraiment mes amis. Leurs visages ont devenu familiers, et nous sommes comme une famille, dans un sens. C'est normal pour moi de les voir chaque jour, de dire toujours «salut» et «bonjour», et je connais beaucoup de petites bizarreries qui partiennent à chaque personne. Je ne peux pas comprendre que je ne verrai pas encore les gens qui ont devenu si spéciaux à moi. Mais j'ai un peu d'espoir, un peu d'optimisme que peut-être, un jour je les verrai encore... et quand je pense à ça, il ne faut pas que je dise adieu, mais seulement au revoir... et à bientôt.

2 comments:

  1. Quand vas-tu faire un tour ici à Montréal? ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. À la revoyure chère. T'as raison; ce n'est qu'un au revoir.

    -mv

    ReplyDelete